I finally made it to Spain!!!!!

I finally made it to Spain!!!!!
This is the trip I will never forget for the rest of my life!

Spain's Valleyside

Spain's Valleyside
Beautiful

Flag of Spain

Flag of Spain

Culture, Event and the History of Spain

My trip to Spain 2010 is going to be a trip that I will never forget.



On the 11th of March I will finally be leaving the country for the first time in my life. There are so many things that I am looking foward to experiencing for the first time. For one, the culture of Spain is the first thing that I am interesting in learning. All the history that the cities of Spain hold I will be experiencing first hand. There are many of famous buildings with the most amazing architechure. All of the gothic churchs still to this day amaze me, even after hundreds of years these unbelieveable churchs still stand and are more decorated than any building to this day.

The food is another major thing that I look foward to. In the United States fast food pretty much runs the country sad to say. In Spain that is not the case, there is barely anything that is fast food. All the food is healthy cooked food that I have not yet had.

After doing research on my trip to Spain I never realized the beauty that one country can hold. There are a few specific spots that I would love to witness for myself. A few of those are in Barcelona which are Pare Guell. Pare Guell is a beautiful garden designed by Antoni Gaudi. Casa Mila and Montjuic are two other stops that would be an honor to vist. In Granada we are going to be learning to do the Flamenco Dance. I was not looking foward to this only because I am a horrible dancer but watching a few videos and seeing how complex and how special of a dance this is makes me alot more eager to watch and participate in this dance. Also we will be witnessing a bull fight and watching the trainers train with the bulls. I am pretty excited to see this first hand rather than in videos and on the television. My trip to Spain is going to be so amazing and then to come back with all of my experiences and stories and videos of this fantasic country.

Thinks I can't wait to do or see.

  • Learn about the history of Spain
  • Try wines and spirits from Spain
  • Go to art galleries in Spain
  • See all the beautiful sites Spain has to offer
  • Try food from Spain

Pare Guell

Pare Guell
A very famous municipal garden that was designed by Catalan artist Antoni Gaudi

Sagrada Familia

Sagrada Familia
The is a magical building with the most magnificent architecture that I have ever seen in my life. This is one of Gaudi's unfinished projects which is intended to be completed in the year 2026. Another name for this building is the Temple Explatori de la Sagrada Familia. The Sagrada Familia is a neo-gothic church that has evolved into a unique example of Art Nouveau architecture. It is fulled with religious symbols and many of amazing other legends.

La Rambla

La Rambla
La Rambla is the most famous street in Barcelona. This street consists of nothing but flower stalls, kiosks, street artists and animal stalls. Just from this picture I have never in my life seen a popular city street so beautiful. It is so full of life and a variety of amazing colors with buildings that have the architecture of a gothic church. This is one of the places that I can not wait to see. Garcia Lorca said "This is the one street that I wish could never end".

Botanical Gardens

Botanical Gardens
If you want to get away I think this would be to the place to go to relax and forget about there problems. This is a place of nothing be relaxation and peace, every which way you turn nothing but beautiful nature, flowers and trees. The Botanical Gardens date all the way back to the 1700's. The Botanical Garden has the most fresh air and flower scents.

Granada- Alhambra Palace or known as the "Red Fortress"

Granada- Alhambra Palace or known as the "Red Fortress"
Alhambra Palace is known as the Red Fortress. The fortress is a complex of the Hoorish monarchs occupying a hilly terrace. This is one of the most popular destinations in Granada. It also displays the Islamic achitecture and the Christian intervention of the 16th Century in building and gardens.

Madrid- Palacio de Cristal

Madrid- Palacio de Cristal
Palacio de Cristal or more formally known as "Park of pleasent retreat". This building could possibly be one of the most interesting and if not romantic places that I have ever seen. There really are no walls to this building only walls made of see through glass. Watching the sunset through this building would be beyond imaginable. The architecture to this building is so fantastic that this is a place that I must see before coming back to the United States.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 3


Day 3 started off just like day two did where our whole room wakes up late and goes down for a quick breakfast and we take off. Since our whole group went out the night before and had a blast alot of us weren't feeling very well at all. A small group of us decided to go back to the beach and get some breakfast since this was going to be our last day in Barcelona. We ate at this one resturaunt with this funny guy trying to seat us. Thats pretty much the only reason we ate there was because he was very interesting and funny. I decided to have a pasta dish and a beer for breakfast which was probably not the greatest idea but I was on vacation so I figured I would enjoy myself. For the first time in 3 days I finally saw one of Spains most famous meals. Since I was pretty filled up from my pasta dish I didn't get to eat alot of it but believe me from what I had it was so tasty. Once we finished breakfast we broke off into even small groups and we headed over to the beach to relax and the other group headed back to pack there backs and get ready to the over night train to Granada. Billy, Bern and myself walked down to the beach and it was such a nice day out we just sat down in the sand and relaxed. After a little while went by we had to head back to the hotel and pack ourselves. We took a taxi back to the hotel packed up our bags and we left to do some more site seeing before we left Barcelona. Once we made it back to our hotel we all packed up our bags and we boarded the bus and we set out for some sightseeing. We passed some more buildings that were designed by Gaudi which once again are amazing, nothing ever like you would see in the States. Now you will never see anything like this in the States and if you did, it would be one of the most remarkable structures that stood on our soil. Once we finished seeing some of the buildings we parked the bus and walked to another gothic church which was not a large as Sangrada Familia but once again was something that you had to see for yourself. Once we were done with our tour. We had a small scavanger hunt set up for us. This scavanger hunt had us walk around through the town and identify certain buildings and streets and specific historial sites. Once we finished our scavanger hunt we just hung out and took more photo's and shopped for a little bit. Later on that night we walked over to the place where we were going to get our dinner. This was most likely the worst dinner we could of had cause some of the people were allergic to seafood and thats exactly what we had for dinner. I enjoyed the food very much which does not say much because I pretty much enjoy all foods. After dinner we all headed back and boarded the bus and set off for the train station for our decent to Granada. Once we arrived at the train station, the rules are pretty much the same as they are in an airport and this I did not realize. I had a few beers in my baggage that I wanted to drink on the train. This did not work very well cause I had to leave both of my beers behind at the station. Once we were on board, I never in a million years thought the train would be that small. First of all, it was four people to a room and this was not just any room. This was the smallest room known to mankind. Our room was also going to be holding the four tallest guys on the trip. After we got all our baggage into the room a few of us got some food and I had some beer and wine before we headed to bed. I figured if I would be stuck in a small room as might as well be a little tipsy to help me fall asleep quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment